Top 10 of 2019
Happy New Year Everyone!
2019 ended up being quite the memorable year for me in so many many ways, but rather than write about the entire year, here are my top 10 highlights:
10. I rode over 3,000 miles in 2019, which to some people isn’t that much, but it’s a PR for me.
9. Rode the Klickatat Trail, disappointed there was no snow, but the weather was decent.
8. Rode the CZ Trail with some friends. This one had snow at the higher elevation! A great way to start rebuilding winter legs.
6. Bikepacking the Central Oregon Backcountry Explorer route in three days.
Day 1 https://ridewithgps.com/trips/35186836
Day 2 https://ridewithgps.com/trips/35193308
Day 3 https://ridewithgps.com/trips/35241169
5. Stayed at the Spoke’n Hostel in Mitchell Oregon. As part of the Central Oregon trip, we stayed an evening at the luxurious Spoke-n Hostel. Highly Recommended
4. Bought a Brompton Folding Bike, rode it around San Francisco.
3. Mountain biking in Jasper, Alberta, Canada. Although the trail was beautiful, it was the first time I’ve been mountain biking outside of the United States.
…and the absolute best trip of 2019 that made all the headlines in the world:
- Bikepacking the Oregon Big Country – Finding someone dying in the desert
This trip was awesome for the first 6.5 days, then I found some guy on the brink of death. He’s fine now, I finished my trip the next day, it made the news…
Now that 2020 is here, I’ve started planning some big rides and restarted my training!
Get out there and ride! -Tomas
My hands were pretty beat up in a crash, but now they have completely healed and rehabilitated.
My camera was destroyed in a crash, but now it’s fully fixed!